Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ministerial Standing Committee

At the moment I have an interim ministerial license from the Covenant. Today I go before the Ministerial Standing committee of the Central conference who will then recommend that I be approved by the Board of Ordered Ministry and the Annual Meeting of the Covenant for the license. This is kind of like a mini-ordination interview, since I have had to write a "statement of faith paper" upon which the interview is based. The statement of faith paper is a mini version of the theological papers I will write once things are in order with Reconciler and I can begin the process of ordination. So there is a little bit of defending what I have written.
I am not nervous which I think is a good sign. I am puzzled by this since I don't have a clue who is on the Ministerial Standing Committee nor the theological make up of said committee. So, the questions about what I have written could come from anywhere as far as I know.
This afternoon I might post some of what I wrote.

1 comment:

  1. Actually the committee is for anyone seeking any type of first time or renewable license in the Covenant. Since, the only way for one to be licensed in the Covenant is for a Conference Ministerial Standing Committee to recomend one for that license to the Ministerium and the Board of Ordered Ministry. This is standard procedure.

    ReplyDelete