Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Painting

I have not mentioned it often on this blog but I am a painter (as well as an iconographer). I am currently working with the band Overhang on art for their soon to be released CD. I completed the first painting and now have begun work on the second peice working more closely with the lead singer, Grant and lead guitarist, Joel,. We met a few weeks ago, and Joel suggested I post photos of my progress. So I thought I'd begin by posting the sketches for the first piece I did and the piece "The Bard and the Dragon" which is nearly finished. In the next few days I will post the sketch that we worked off when we last met. I'll also post the resulting rough sketch (very rough) when I have uploaded a picture of it.

Here is the rough pencil sketch:
minstrelbard and Dragon sketch

Playing with the image and colors in a paint program:
minstrelbard and Dragon sketch color
Final sketch"
minstrelbard and Dragon sketch colorgrant

The Bard and the Dragon:
bard and Dragon 2
(All the pictures I took of the painting cut of the top inch or two of the painting so the composition of the picture does not quite reflect the composition of the painting. LEK)

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Larry. I particularly like the dragon. Have you thought of posting some of your art at deviantART.com? It might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gavin.
    Actually I had thought about it a while back but had actually forgotten about devainArt.com, I will check it out now that I am posting my art. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete