Thursday, January 18, 2007

Seven Things Meme

I have been tagged by Huw, Tripp was also taged.
So here it goes:
1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies:
Hmm, ya I don't know I have actually never done this, in part because if I give books to someone I am thinking more about the person's interests than whether or not I want to share it. If I did this it would probably be Umberto Eco's, The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana. However, when I have describe the book to most of my friends they are not sure they want to read it.

2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music:
I am not sure I have had this experience either. However, It was listening the the Sister's of Mercy Album Floodlands, that pretty much settled for me that I was goth, though before I had heard that album I had heard their song Temple of Love, which is just an amazing song. Hmm, not sure I am really answering these exactly.

3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue:
I can't say that I know since I don't really do this either, so many films so little time :-) However, I have to admit that two competitors would be "the Princess Bride" and "Monty Phython and the Holy Grail" in terms of films I have seen the most.

4. Name a performer for whom you suspend all disbelief:
I don't think I do, I tend to gravitate to actors and commedians that are believable and multifaceted in their roles they take. Thus, Johny Depp.

5. Name a work of art you’d like to live with:
You mean I have to choose one? Pretty much anythign by Salvadore Dali or Picasso, though my wife and housemates might not be quite so enthusiastic about them. And then there are icons but I already live with them.

6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life:
I have to say The Brother's Karamazov, though I almsot put down, like Huw, the Lord of the Rings.


7. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh:
Really not sure, but pretty much any of Eddie Izzard's routines always makes me laugh, and my friends who are familiar and I will on occasion spontaneously quote Izzard to each other. Its great fun.

powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment