Thursday, April 05, 2007

Slowly progressing on CD cover art

Bard amongst the tombs light detail 3a
The painting is at that stage where it is hard for me to articulate, even to my self, what all needs to be done before the painting is finished. When I am in the midst of painting I simply know what to paint, but stepping back from the painting I have trouble seeing what the next steps will be. I simply have to immerse my self in the act of painting. It also can be a frustrating stage especially if I don't have time to simply paint for several hours on end, which is simply the case right now. At most I might be able to carve out an hour or two to work on painting in any one sitting.

I think that it is beginning to have some of the character of the sketch that Joel was looking for in the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment