Monday, May 21, 2007

Icon Descent of the Holy Spirit: progress

Since painting and iconography are so much part of what I do and think, I have decided to continue posting my progress on what I am currently working on. At the moment it is the icon of the Descent of the Holy Spirit(which I posted earlier which I hope to have completed by Friday. That may not happen.
This icon is a miniature and I find faces particularly challenging in miniature. Some of the faces in this icon still need work, and the face is one of the key components of an icon. You are to encounter the person(s) depicted in the icon, through in part the face of the person. Of course through the face of the saint or saints depicted you are ultimately to encounter Jesus Christ, The Icon of God. In this sense all icons are derivative of the icon of Jesus Christ.

descent holy spirit highlight stage

No comments:

Post a Comment