Thursday, February 12, 2009

Humility

"Habitual Humility is the primary evidence, the undeniable sign of Christian discipleship. Humility is sincere concern for the good of others balanced with the simple gratitude for the gift of one's self, shown in the genuine willingness to serve the neighbor and heard in gentle laughter and self-effacing humor." David Augsburger, Dissident Discipleship: A Spirituality of Self-Surrender, Love of God, and Love of Neighbor, Brazos Press, 2006, pg 99.

I am letting this above quote interact interpret be interpreted by these scriptures II Kings 5:1-14;Psalm 30; I Corinthians 9:24-27; Mark 1:40-45. At least that is the current idea and what seems to have worked thus far in writing the rough draft of course I have had it happen where I feel this way on thursday and then friday Afternoon find myself taking the sermon in a completely different direction.
So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment