Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A day of contrasts

This morning met with someone Kate has been saying he and I should meet. We hit it off quite well. Spent much more time over coffee than either of us expected. It was one of those mostly effortless conversations in which telling ones story lead also to mutual reflections on life God and self. This sort of immediate and deep connection with someone happens rarely for me, perhaps for most people I don't know. I am usually more cautious in getting to know people. Then at times I meet someone and for reasons that are not entirely clear to me, I feel free and the other person feels free to say those things we don't always feel free to say to most people, or to express doubts, or questions that we don't generally get to express. In our midst there is an opening and a connection that is quite profound. It is perhaps relevant to note that one of the few times this has happened is when my wife and I went on our fist date, now 12 or 13 years ago.

I Came home from that meeting and ran some errands and did some other things related to the community and was going to work on my sermon and presentation for tomorrow evening on the Exsultet, and suddenly felt exhausted and a fever with a developing sore throat. So, it has been a last the pleasant rest of the day, and probably will go to bed soon, and am missing the One of the Girls gig I had planned to go to. Hope it was a good gig - I am sure it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment