Thursday, April 01, 2010

Maundy Thursday

I did get focus on the sermon. The text I brought into the pulpit is posted on Reconciler's blog. However this text is not as focused as I got in preaching (I believe). The service itself helped me gain focus. The joint service with Immanuel and St Elias, begins with confession and laying of hands and speaking of forgiveness, followed by a procession around the nave of Immanuel Lutheran Church, sing a Kyrie in Pakistani.

This is one of those situations where I try to recall what I said in the pulpit. What I do remember is that I made a stronger connection between Jesus new command to love, and the example of this love being Jesus washing of the disciples feet. Then I wove themes from the whole Triduum, since my sermon tonight will be the only sermon for the Three Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment