Friday, November 04, 2011

Images from B1 E Gallery Dia De Los Muertos

I have an album up of the Gallery B1 E turned into a chapel for a Dia de Los Muertos exhibit.  It will run for the next few weeks, gallery is open in the evenings.  I lead Vespers services in the gallery on the Feast of All Saints and the Feast of All Souls (day of the dead).  The work is by various artists though the shrines are mostly  Andy De La Rosa's(the owner of the Gallery). The mural behind the Altar is an icon I wrote a year and a half ago, and some of my icons are in the show.
Praying the psalms among artists and those variously involved with Occupy Chicago has a sightly different tenor and was quite raw.  I may do one or two more services there during the run.  At least that was the original plan when Andy De La Rosa  had thought up this exhibition.  But that original plan had an opening before Nov 1 which did not happen.  So we'll see.  Also, I might be at the gallery in the evenings in the next two weeks writing icons in the gallery while the gallery is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment