Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Iconography Workshop

The workshop for Wicker Park Grace's Art and Spirituality series went very well on Satruday and then I even ended up preaching on icons on Sunday at Reconciler I  haven't  posted  the sermon yet because  I preached from a very rough manuscript and  I am still working on  a  readable manuscript.  I have to admit that I am not feeling all that Protestant.   Not that I have really been trying to be more Protestant recently.  Though Lutheran Pietism is technicaly Protestant, it seems to be less about protest and mroe about certain afirmations about Christian life and the church.
What I do know is that reflecting on iconography and begining to write the icon ministered to those who were at the workshop and that there seems to be great anticipation for the icon of the Virgin of Loving Kingdness to be finished.   We are back this coming Saturday to work towards its completion.

powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment