Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eschatology

I found this via the AngloBaptist, and I like these quizzes. Though the results genrally are interesting in that I wouldn't have neceasily said I was that, but it kind of makes sense, I guess.





What's your eschatology?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Moltmannian Eschatology

Jürgen Moltmann is one of the key eschatological thinkers of the 20th Century. Eschatology is not only about heaven and hell, but God's plan to make all things new. This should spur us on to political and social action in the present.


Moltmannian Eschatology


75%

Amillenialist


75%

Preterist


40%

Premillenialist


30%

Dispensationalist


20%

Left Behind


15%

Postmillenialist


10%



The explanation here might be that my time at Fuller overlapped with Miroslav Volf's tenure at Fuller as one of its Systematic Theology profs. Volf was a student of Moltmann's. His influence might have rubbed off in that I read several of Moltmann's works while at Fuller, but haven't read him since. Also, it is interesting to note that I have been talking quite a bit about eschatology as something other than the "Left Behind" and Dispensationalist variety.

5 comments:

  1. Nice.

    I got 80% Moltmann. It won't let me post the table as a comment here, so I posted it on my LJ (orpheus42).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came in as 95% Amillenialist. I'm comfortable with that result as it is how I'd describe myself.

    But I wasn't comfortable with the way some of the questions were worded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, I am evidently still too Amilenialist. ;-) As you can see I am kind of equally Amillenialist and Moltmannian. I wonder how that works?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gavin,
    I too have trouble with the wording of many of the questions, but then I always do on these internet quizzes, even the non-theological ones. the political ones though are the worst, in my opinion.
    but then I also could take issue with the 7 pigeon holes they chose. Is Moltmann's Eschatology really so unique or is Pannenburg's eschatology so clearly one of these 7 that only Moltmann gets his own category of Eschatology. I rarely if ever would describe myself how these quizzes pigeon hole me, but that is the fun of these things for me at least. Its why I categorize them under frivolity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an 80%/80% tie for Moltmann and Postmillenialist.

    ReplyDelete