Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eschatology

I found this via the AngloBaptist, and I like these quizzes. Though the results genrally are interesting in that I wouldn't have neceasily said I was that, but it kind of makes sense, I guess.





What's your eschatology?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Moltmannian Eschatology

J├╝rgen Moltmann is one of the key eschatological thinkers of the 20th Century. Eschatology is not only about heaven and hell, but God's plan to make all things new. This should spur us on to political and social action in the present.


Moltmannian Eschatology


75%

Amillenialist


75%

Preterist


40%

Premillenialist


30%

Dispensationalist


20%

Left Behind


15%

Postmillenialist


10%



The explanation here might be that my time at Fuller overlapped with Miroslav Volf's tenure at Fuller as one of its Systematic Theology profs. Volf was a student of Moltmann's. His influence might have rubbed off in that I read several of Moltmann's works while at Fuller, but haven't read him since. Also, it is interesting to note that I have been talking quite a bit about eschatology as something other than the "Left Behind" and Dispensationalist variety.