Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some Further Context

I realized that it might be helpful to know two things to give some further context to the the last two posts, here and here. First, is to understand that I am fairly deeply influenced by Walter Wink and William Stringfellow(specifically his works Imposters of God: Inquiries into Favorite Idols, and An Ethic for Christians and Other Aliens in a Strange Land) around issues of the Powers, Nation States, and Image and Idolatry. Second is that I am currently reading Colossians Remixed: Subverting the Empire, by Brian Walsh and Sylvia Keesmaat. Of course if you are unfamiliar with most or all of these it is probably no help to you, but I encourage you to give them a read if you haven't.

1 comment:

  1. Colossians Remixed is a phenomenal book. I hope to pick up another copy very soon to replace the one that was lost in the fire.

    I've already replaced my Wink Powers trilogy and the Keeper of the Word collection of Stringfellow's writings edited by Bill Wylie-Kellerman, who is teaching the class I'm taking in Chicago through SCUPE next month. I'm really looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete