Saturday, July 24, 2010

Big Sculpture Garden: so much to do so little time and then Rain

This has been and continues to be a wild week. And it got even more exciting as I finished the large Icon just as the storm was upon us. though due to the rain I still have not put up the full installation. Which is a little disappointing I at this point want to be done. Also, I am not completely satisfied with the large icon, though this is largely because this is the first architectural sized work I have ever done, and painting on canvas in the wind is just plain difficult, and it was windy most of this week when I was out painting. But it is good.

Here are a few images of some of the progress on my icons and iconostasis and at the site this week.

Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 023
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 025
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 017 Blurry but I kind of like the photo.
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 019
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 026 A few Days ago, blank canvases on site
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 027 The Big iron rebar sculpture by Andy Delarosa, Other artist began hanging stuff on it, stained glass ceramic etc. Thunderstorm kind of put a damper on working on putting up stuff, as you probably can imagine. Iron spires and lightning.
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 029
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 032 Just about to begin painting, see jar of paint on the ladder.
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 033
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 033
Icons, MAAF, BigSculpture 036 From across the parking lot that is the site of the Big Sculpture Garden.

1 comment: